PT, DPT, CYT, CPI
Catherine is no longer seeing patients at Andersonville Physical Therapy, but is still part of our team through professional mentorship.
Catherine is a lifelong learner and enjoys the challenge of keeping up with research and applying it clinically so that her patients can get back to the activities that they love. She has completed more than 1,000 hours of yoga and Pilates training and each year completes far more than the state requirement for Continuing Education in PT so that she can help her patients reach their goals faster.
In addition to general rehabilitation, Catherine is an orthopedic manual therapist and pelvic specialist who is also certified in yoga and Pilates instruction. She utilizes advanced manual techniques and an integrative mind-body approach to improve the movement system as a whole.
Before beginning her career as a physical therapist, Catherine was a professional dancer, dance/gymnastics teacher, certified personal trainer, and a STOTT Pilates instructor—all of which have helped her to better understand the human body and how it moves.
Catherine teaches classes at Chi-Town Shakti Yoga and Meditation, presents workshops throughout Chicago, and leads continuing education courses for rehabilitation and fitness professionals nationally. She is on the teaching faculty for the Amala School of Prenatal Yoga, Bloom Yoga and Summit Professional Education.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Certified yoga instructor and 85-hour prenatal yoga certification
- Certified STOTT Pilates instructor for mat and equipment
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association, the Chicagoland Pelvic Floor Research Consortium and the International Yoga Therapist Association
- Completed all three levels of the APTA’s coursework in Pelvic Physical Therapy
- Completed all coursework at the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Continuing post-doctoral training in manual therapy through the University of Illinois at Chicago