Rene Lederman, PT, OCS
Rene has been a physical therapist for 32 years, working most of her career at the University of Chicago Hospitals where she continues to work. She specializes in orthopedic and pelvic physical therapy, and has extensive teaching experience in the foot and ankle, cervical spine and TMJ. She also has a manual therapy background and is an APTA certified orthopedic specialist.
Rene believes in the power of connection and education in the healing process and enjoys individual time with her patients. Her goal is to empower her patients to understand their bodies, and work with them to identify their problems, set goals for recovery, and with her help, achieve those goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa – 1986
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists’ Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Certificate of Achievement in Pelvic Physical Therapy
- Faculty member for the University of Chicago Physical Therapy Orthopedic Residency Program since 2008, and teaches topics on Foot and Ankle, Cervical Spine, pelvic floor and TMJ.
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association Section on Women’s Health
- Member of the Chicagoland Pelvic Floor Research Consortium