Emily Larson, PT, DPT
Emily incorporates her liberal arts background into her treatments by using creative problem solving to find individualized solutions for her patients. She believes that the therapy journey is a partnership between herself and her patients, and is motivated to help others heal and return to the activities they love.
While teaching yoga she discovered her love of movement, health and wellness. Emily received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Illinois at Chicago and specializes in pelvic health and orthopedics.
Emily is passionate about working with pre- and post-partum women as well as other pelvic health conditions such as incontinence, sexual dysfunction, and pelvic pain. She began her career at a dedicated Women’s Health Center in the Chicago suburbs. She has advanced training through both Herman and Wallace and the American Physical Therapy Association for treating pelvic health conditions. As a lifelong learner, she is looking forward to continuing to expand her knowledge in the years to come.
- University of Illinois at Chicago Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Northwestern School of Professional Studies 2014-2016 Pre-physical Therapy
- Harry S. Truman College 2014-2016 Associate of Science
- North Park University 2004-2008 Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts
- Pelvic Floor Level 1 through Herman and Wallace 2018
- Pelvic Floor Level 2 Pelvic Pain through APTA 2019
- Pelvic Floor Level 2 Bowel Dysfunction through APTA 2019
- 200 hour Yoga Certification through Core Power Yoga 2012