Are you dealing with an injury or pain but are unable to make it to a physical therapy clinic for an evaluation?
NEW: Andersonville Physical Therapy offers telehealth physical therapy visits
On March 19th Governor Pritzker signed legislation requiring commercial insurance companies in Illinois to cover telehealth services for all medical providers. Physical Therapy is deemed an essential service, therefore all physical therapy visits for the people of Illinois with commercial insurance will be covered as a regular physical therapy visit. Medicare has also recently approved limited coverage for established patients so we can check in with you on a weekly basis.
These virtual visits are conducted through a secure video-chat (details below) allow you to have your condition assessed and treated by a licensed physical therapist from the comfort of your home.
Early intervention telehealth visits of physical therapy can eliminate the need for unnecessary medication, surgery or extensive imaging tests – including X-Rays, MRIs and CT scans. Delaying treatment could mean additional expenses and prolonged recovery.
What you can expect:
For your virtual physical therapy visits, we will utilize a Doxy.me conference call. Doxy is a secure online treatment option that is HIPPA compliant, does not record PHI, has a 129-bit encryption and no data from the call will be stored. To enter the call, simply click or type in the link our office has sent to you via email or text message.
Both laptops and mobile devices, including Android and iPhone, are supported when using Doxy.me. Make sure you are using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (iPhone ios 11 or higher) web browser when accessing the link.
The first time you log on, your web browser will ask you for permission to access your microphone and camera for the call. Once allowed access, a check in box will appear where you will enter your name so your physical therapist knows you are ready for your session.
Please be patient as you wait for your therapist to start the call at your scheduled time.
Make the most of your physical therapy telehealth appointment
- Ensure that your camera is on and that you are allowing video.
- Ensure your device is connected to a strong/stable internet connection. If using a cell phone, being connected to an internet source can provide a better connection
- Look to connect ~5 min prior to the start of your appointment.This will ensure your device is working properly and you are able to connect. You may have a screen that says your appointment will begin once approved by your meeting host.
- Ensure you have ample space needed to complete your session and make yourself comfortable. Choose a location in which you can be most comfortable both physically and emotionally. You will be asked by your therapist to move during your visit so make sure you have room to move. You want to be able to share information freely with your therapist so choose a location that is private and without distractions.
- Choose a consistent location. Using the same space for every visit allows for your provider to know what equipment and furniture is available for treatment.
- Be prepared that you may potentially need to move your device into a position in which full visionary field can be achieved throughout the video call.
- Wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement that can be seen over video. Having snug fitting clothes allows for your provider to assess how parts of your body move to determine the best intervention.
- If you are unable to connect with your clinician, please call us at (773) 907-3599 and they will reschedule the session. Due to the Covid-19 crisis, many networks are experiencing high volume that can cause disruption.
Request an telehealth appointment by calling the clinic at (773) 907-3599 or complete our online appointment form and we will contact you when it is convenient for you.