Megan Sinnwell, PT, DPT
Megan is an orthopedic physical therapist and former professional dancer. She received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Long Island University in Brooklyn, NY and has since worked with a wide variety of musculoskeletal and neurological conditions. Prior to becoming a physical therapist, Megan spent 13 years in New York where she worked as a personal trainer and with a number of modern dance companies and artists.
Megan advocates for a holistic approach to patient care. Her treatments are tailored to each patient’s personal goals and her background in movement is integrated into her practice. She uses a combination of manual therapy, patient education, and neuromuscular re-education to aid patients in reaching their goals and returning to the activities they love.
To further her practice, Megan regularly attends a wide variety of continuing education courses. Megan has a deep interest in manual therapy and values the importance of continuing to grow as a clinician.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Long Island University in Brooklyn, NY
- B.A Dance and Communication Studies, University of Iowa
- Dance Medicine, New York University School of Medicine
- Core First Strategies, Functional Mobilization I, Institute of Physical Arts
- Cervical Spine I, North American Institute of Manual Therapy
- If you Can’t Breathe You Can’t Function, Mary Massery