Andersonville Physical Therapy’s Covid-19 Response
Patient safety is our priority
Andersonville Physical Therapy has taken comprehensive action in response to Covid-19. The following changes have been implemented to keep our patients and employees safe.
- We have a 100% mask policy. All patients must wear masks and our therapists wear kn95 masks, which are one step below n95 in their ability to protect from aerosols. If our PT’s are within 6 feet of our patients, we also wear a face shield for added protection.
- The clinic has been rearranged to spread out our treatment areas so patients and staff can maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others while in the clinic.
- Our windows and doors are kept open, the fans are on all of the time and we have added 5 air purifiers to allow for maximum airflow.
- We screen all patients when they arrive to determine if they have upper respiratory symptoms, fever, dry cough or shortness of breath. We take patients’ temperatures when they come into the clinic.
- Any patient or member of our team who is showing signs of illness will be sent home immediately.
- Physical therapy patients wash hands before and after in clinic appointments.
- We are doing more frequent cleaning with CDC-approved cleaning agents including between every appointment.
- We ask non-essential family members to wait in their car during treatment.
Andersonville Physical Therapy is offering telehealth physical therapy.
On March 19th Governor Pritzker signed legislation requiring commercial insurance companies in Illinois to cover telehealth services for all medical providers. Physical Therapy is deemed an essential service, therefore all physical therapy visits for the people of Illinois with commercial insurance will be covered as a regular physical therapy visit. Medicare has also recently approved limited coverage for established patients so we can check in with you on a weekly basis.
These virtual visits are conducted through a secure video-chat that allow you to have your condition assessed and treated by a licensed physical therapist from the comfort of your home.
Learn more about Andersonville Physical Therapy’s telehealth service. To request an telehealth appointment call the clinic at (773) 907-3599 or complete our online appointment form and we will contact you when it is convenient for you.