Andersonville Physical Therapy’s Covid-19 Response
Patient safety is our priority
Andersonville Physical Therapy has taken comprehensive action in response to Covid-19. The following changes have been implemented to keep our patients and employees safe.
- We screen all patients when they arrive to determine if they have upper respiratory symptoms, fever, dry cough or shortness of breath.
- We have a 100% mask policy. Patients are given a mask when arriving, asked to immediately wash their hands and their temperature is taken.
- We ask all symptomatic patients to reschedule their appointments in 14 days.
- We are limiting the number of patients in the clinic at the same time and ask non-essential family members to wait in their car during treatment. This allows patients and staff to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others while in the clinic.
- We disinfect with CDC-approved cleaning agents throughout and in between every appointment.
- We will be observing a three-foot “quiet zone” to eliminate respiratory droplets from spreading during conversation. This means that anytime a physical therapist has to be within 3 feet of a patient, no conversation is allowed.
- We will be waiving our cancellation policy for those who are sick for the foreseeable future.
- Any of our team who is showing signs of illness will be sent home immediately.
Andersonville Physical Therapy is offering telehealth physical therapy.
On March 19th Governor Pritzker signed legislation requiring commercial insurance companies in Illinois to cover telehealth services for all medical providers. Physical Therapy is deemed an essential service, therefore all physical therapy visits for the people of Illinois with commercial insurance will be covered as a regular physical therapy visit. Medicare has also recently approved limited coverage for established patients so we can check in with you on a weekly basis.
These virtual visits are conducted through a secure video-chat allow you to have your condition assessed and treated by a licensed physical therapist from the comfort of your home.
Learn more about Andersonville Physical Therapy’s telehealth service. To request an telehealth appointment call the clinic at (773) 907-3599 or complete our online appointment form and we will contact you when it is convenient for you.