Patricia Staszak, PT, PYT, Owner
Pat founded Andersonville Physical Therapy almost 20 years ago because she was passionate about creating an environment where physical therapy patients don’t just heal, but learn how to move their bodies correctly to stay strong and injury-free. Pat honed her skills at the University of Illinois and University of Chicago Hospitals.
With a wide variety of experience in all aspects of physical therapy, Pat has an eclectic yet practical approach to rehabilitation. She specializes in lower-body biomechanics evaluations and rehabilitation up the kinetic chain: the foot, ankle, knee, and hip, with a special interest in treating cycling and running injuries and helping patients get back to their exercise of choice.
- Graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago in 1994 with a B.S. in Physical Therapy (PT)
- Certified Professional Yoga Therapist (PYT) in the Medical Therapeutic Yoga Program, a form of integrative medicine that combines yoga and evidence-based rehabilitation
- STOTT Pilates® instructor and instructor-trainer in its rehabilitation program
- Nordic Walking instructor through the American Nordic Walking Association
- Level 1 and 2 in functional dry needling through KinetaCore
- Certified in the Graston Technique for instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Pat is a lifelong learner and is currently enrolled in a Kundalini Yoga Teacher training