You may be aware that due to COVID-19, Governor Pritzker has implemented a shelter in place order in Illinois for all non-essential activity. Physical Therapy services is one of the essential healthcare services that is encouraged and permitted to continue. We will strive to keep patients healthy and out of hospital and emergency room settings.
Andersonville Physical Therapy closed its doors March 16th to March 27 to do our part to flatten the curve and reorganize our systems to keep our patients and staff safe. On Monday, March 30th we will reopen with the following changes to our practice.
Patient Safety is our priority
Andersonville Physical Therapy has taken comprehensive action in response to Covid-19. The following changes have been implemented to keep our patients and employees safe.
- We screen all patients when they arrive to determine if they have upper respiratory symptoms, fever, dry cough or shortness of breath. We will be taking patients temperatures when they arrive in the clinic..
- We ask all symptomatic patients to reschedule their appointments in 14 days.
- We allow two patients to be treated in the clinic at the same time and ask non-essential family members wait in their car during treatment. This allows patients and staff to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others while in the clinic.
- We are doing more frequent cleaning with CDC-approved cleaning agents including throughout and in between every appointment.
- We are having physical therapy patients wash hands before and after in clinic appointments.
- We will be observing a three foot “quiet zone” to eliminate respiratory droplets from spreading during conversation. This means that anytime of physical therapist has to be within 3 feet of a patient, no conversation is allowed. The PT will also wear a mask.
- We will be waiving our cancellation policy for those who are sick for the foreseeable future.
- Any of our team who is showing signs of illness will be sent home immediately.
Telehealth Now Available!
On March 19th Governor Pritzker signed legislation requiring commercial insurance companies in Illinois to cover telehealth services for all medical providers. Physical Therapy is deemed an essential service, therefore all physical therapy visits for the people of Illinois with commercial insurance will be covered as a regular physical therapy visit. Medicare has also recently approved limited coverage for established patients so we can check in with you on a weekly basis.
These virtual visits are conducted through a secure video-chat allow you to have your condition assessed and treated by a licensed physical therapist from the comfort of your home.
Learn more about Andersonville Physical Therapy’s telehealth service. To request an telehealth appointment call the clinic at (773) 907-3599 or complete our online appointment form and we will contact you when it is convenient for you.